Cleaning Contaminated Surfaces
Every contaminated equipment or work surfaces must always be cleaned up by an appropriate disinfectant as soon as possible according to schedule as follows:
- Clean-up of spills and broken glassware/sharps
- Paper or absorbent towels to soak up the spilled
- EPA registered or 10% bleach to clean the area.
- Take the disinfectant and saturate the spilled area and wait for 10 minutes.
- Never forget to dispose of towel or paper into two waste containers.
- Always wear eye wear protective mask if you suspect splashing.
- Whenever you are removing any sharp material use brush and dust pan forceps,haemostat to remove. Never use your hands.
- Remember to discard all materials into sharps or puncture resistant waste containers.