Hepatitis virus can live for 7+ days in dried blood.
- 100 times more contagious than HIV
- 46,000 new infections per year
- 25 million carriers
- 3,000 deaths/year
- No cure, but there is a preventative vaccine
Hepatitis B transmission.
- Unprotected sex with infected partner
- Sharing needles during injecting drug use
- From infected mother to child during birth
- Sharps/needle stick
Hepatitis B Symptoms
- Flu-like symptoms
- Person feels Fatigue while doing day to day activities.
- Abdominal pain occurs.
- There is Loss of appetite in infected person.
- Nausea, vomiting
- Joint pain