It is the inflammatory condition of the liver mainly caused by viral infection.
Liver is located in the right upper area of abdomen. It performs many vital functions that affect metabolism throughout body like
- Produces bile for digestion.
- It filters toxins from the body.
- It excretes billrubin (a product of broken-down red blood cells), cholesterol, hormones, and drugs
- Carbohydrates ,fats ,proteins are broken by liver.
- storage of glycogen (a form of sugar), minerals, and vitamins (A, D, E, and K)
- synthesis of blood proteins, such as albumin
- synthesis of clotting factors