- It commonly spread by food or water contaminated by faecas of a infected person.
- This viral infection occurs by through contact with infectious body fluids, such as blood, vaginal secretions, or semen, containing the hepatitis B virus (HBV). Sex with person infected by hepatitis B or by using same syringes drug addicts.
350 million people worldwide live with this chronic disease.
- Hepatitis C virus is transmitted through injection drug use and sexual contact with infected person. It is the most common blood borne viral infection of liver.
- Also called delta hepatitis, hepatitis D is a serious liver disease caused by the hepatitis D virus (HDV). HDV is contracted through direct contact with infected blood. Hepatitis D is a rare form of hepatitis that only occurs in conjunction with hepatitis B infection.
- It is mainly caused by ingesting fecal matter that contaminates water Supply.We will only study the hepatitis caused due to contact of blood commonly spread by food or water contaminated by faecas of a infected person.