Hepatitis B Vaccine for exposed workers
- All the workers in OPIM contaminated area should be vaccinated with hepatitis vaccine.
- There are three shots O, 1, 6 months. It is very effective for about 95% adults.
- If you are not vaccinated post exposure treatment should be done after evaluation of Immune globulin. If you decline, you must sign a “Declination Form”
If anyone is exposed to blood or OPIM follow the following protocol:
- Clean the affected area thoroughly with lot of water
- Needle sticks, cuts, should be washed with soap and water.
- If blood or OPIM is splashed to nose or mouth flush nose and mouth with water.
- Irrigate eyes with clean water, saline, or a sterile irrigant.
- Report exposure to the person responsible for managing exposures